Sunday, February 17, 2013

Reintroduction

So my last blog post was four years ago. Sad. But let's face it: people typically don't want to read blog posts. And bloggers typically don't have a lot of interesting things to say.

That being said, you're still reading.

Thank you.

Allow me to reintroduce myself. My name is Nicholas Ruiz.

That's nice, isn't it? What's next?

Who am I? What do I do? Is this where I'm supposed to tote my strengths, talents, and everything else that makes me worthy of being read? No thanks.

I'm a guy. A guy whose thoughts perhaps aren't worth the world reading. Maybe not hearing. But here I am, throwing out thoughts anyway. Why bother? Surely my efforts are meaningless anyway.

Nevertheless, I'll try. I'll try to write something worth your time. I'll try to write something to get you thinking. Hopefully about something that isn't so meaningless.

Well, to reintroduce myself, I should at least tell you enough that you might get an idea of what I could write about. I'll leave the rest to your judgments regarding whether you want to read more.

I'm married. I have a 7 month old daughter (as of today, incidentally). I'm a "junior" researcher in speech translation. I'm an American not living in America. God is guiding my steps -- insofar as I'm listening to the drumbeat. All of these things will mush together into a core dump of my consciousness.

Still reading? Wow, thanks.