Friday, June 27, 2008

Teens Like Squid

Of course the squid extravaganza could not end with my last post. Jenn and I couldn't bring ourselves to eating the rest of the squid tentacles, but needless to say, we found another outlet for the precious commodity. Youth Group.

Teens like weird stuff. Teens like gross stuff. Well, most of them do. Thanks to some collaboration with John and Kristia, we held a good sporting game of "Egg Drop Soup." The teens had to transport a cracked egg in their hands around obstacles, hand it off to another teen, and then drop the egg concoction into a bowl. The game was extra fun once the squid tentacles were incorporated. I went to hand off some tentacle egg to Mauria, only to hear her scream and drop the entire mixture.

It was tempting to try to wear the tentacles like Davey Jones in Pirates of the Caribbean (though, I must say that he was one of the least scary villains I've ever seen. Don't get me started on Pirates 2 and 3). All in all, the "calamari" was worth the money.

No comments: